i24News is a privately-owned international news channel headquartered in Tel Aviv, recently launched in the U.S. and has a Video Editor/Shooter position available now for its Washington DC bureau.
Part of Altice USA, one of the largest broadband communications and video services providers in the United States, i24News is available in millions of households worldwide, including in Europe, Africa, Asia and the Middle East. It airs in English, French, and Arabic, and the U.S. launch comes with a team of 50 in New York and Washington, DC, which feeds the U.S. channel and also delivers news and content from our brand new U.S. studios around the world.
The Video Editor/Shooter will act as an integral member of the small editorial team, provide his/her technical skills to ensure packages are accurate and filed on deadline, and be a dynamic and creative team member. Must have knowledge of local, national and international news events, and be familiar with Washington. Must deal with changes and breaking news during the day and ensure all content meets the network standards for journalistic integrity and production.
The Video Editor/Shooter shall routinely perform the following daily duties:
- Shoot videos, cover events, and gather B-rolls, with or without the correspondent on the news of the day or a longer-term project
- Use the LiveU unit to transmit live and/or feed – Training available
- Edit videos (with Adobe Premier Pro) to create accurate short-form video packages and stories based on supplied scripts alongside the correspondent/producer
- Curate footage, edit and color-correct videos
- Research and acquire video elements such as stock footage, graphics, photos, voice-overs, music, etc. from the AP/Reuters/AFP/ABC News One databases
- Juggle tight deadlines throughout the day to produce a package a weekday and operate the camera for the prime time shows from 6 to 10 PM ET
- Have the ability to handle multiple projects concurrently
- Troubleshoot any technical issues encountered
- Be flexible with hours – willing to come and stay longer during breaking news
- Minimum of 2-3 years of video editing and production experience in a fast-paced news environment is required
- Minimum of 5 years experience on the field
- Proficient with video editing applications such as: Adobe Premier Pro.
- Knowledge of computers and software, with an ability to troubleshoot basic problems
- Familiarity with broadcast cameras, lighting, audio and field production
- An ability and passion for using videos to tell compelling news stories
- Willingness to go the extra mile and be self-motivated
- Ability to recognize stories with high potential for provocative, compelling television
- Language skills (Arabic, Hebrew, or French) preferred but not a priority
Job Type: Full-time with benefits and overtime