Bilingual reporter/producer with four years’ experience
Proven strong analytical, writing and organizational skills both in English and French. Specialization in national politics and current affairs. Some of my qualifications include:
- Knowledge of U.S. congressional policymaking: Reported on the Massachusetts Legislature for the MetroWest Daily News and covered the Vermont delegation in the U.S. Congress for the Times-Argus for a year.
- Strong reporting, writing and investigative skills both in English and French: Freelanced in Boston for France-Amérique, America’s largest French-language magazine for nine months.
- Web tech-savvy: Helped the Christian Science Monitor’s Science section achieve 7.2 million page views with SEO and use of social media and WordPress/Tumblr on a regular basis.
- Broadcast experience: Shot and edited my own videos while in Boston; assisted a producer in a global news channel, France24; and currently a freelance producer for French news channel in D.C. Canal Plus – I>TELE.
- International/multi-cultural perspective: Bilingual in two languages; born and raised in Paris, educated in the U.S. and regular travels to the Middle-East and North Africa.
- On the 2016 presidential campaign trail with correspondent Laura Haim
- Production of the weekly show “Signe LH”
- Coordination of live shots with the Associated Press and the Paris office
- Organization of the first and second annual reception of the White House Foreign Correspondents Association
- Administrative tasks, researching stories, contacting sources, setting budgets
January – June 2014 Agence France-Presse – French news agency, Intern Multimedia Editor, Washington D.C.
- Editing and optimizing wire stories for Web clients
Jan. – May 2013 The National Law Journal / Legal Times – Intern Reporter, Washington D.C.
- Contributed to the LegalTimes and conducted interviews with law professionals
- In charge of weekly columns: D.C. Moves, Calendar, and Civil Actions
- Written stories for the book (National Law Journal) and covered legal events in the nation’s capital
Sept. – Dec. 2012 The Barre-Montpelier Times Argus – Washington and Congressional Correspondent, Washington, D.C.
- Worked full time to file 20 news and enterprise stories on the Vermont delegation in Congress
- Pitched political story ideas to the editor-in-chief in Vermont, including a front-page news story
- Optimized wire copy for Google News
- Published 9 stories on topics ranging from astronomy to archeology
- Helped the Science section achieve 7.2 million page views with Search Engine Optimization
Jan. – May 2012 The MetroWest Daily News – Statehouse Correspondent, Boston, MA
- Worked full time to file 3-4 stories per week in addition to classes – written on education, health, environment, and economy
- Communicated daily with editor-in-chief to pitch political story ideas
- Filed stories for both the MetroWest and Milford Daily News
Dec. 11 – Sept. 12 France-Amérique – Largest French Magazine in the U.S., Freelance Contributor, United States
- Covered political and cultural events in the U.S. for a francophone audience
- Interviewed the French Consul General in Boston and key economic players at the French-American Chamber of Commerce New England’s Chapter
March – June 2011 Glamourparis.com – Online Magazine, Web Editor Intern, Paris, France
- Published over 15 stories and slideshows on fashion, relationships, and people
- Generated story ideas, iconographic research, photograph, and updated the website daily
May – Sept. 2010 France 24 – 24/7 Trilingual International News Channel, Intern, Paris, France
Assistant to the Executive Producer, French and English language services
- Monitored national and international press for key political events
- Produced detailed agendas for weekly editorial meetings
- Coordinated with production agencies and booked studio space for live field broadcast
- Identified and contacted guest speakers and topic experts
Spring 2013 Washington Center for Politics & Journalism Washington D.C.
Training program on political reporting
2011-2013 Boston University College of Communication Boston, MA
Master of Science in Journalism – Political Reporting GPA: 3.5/4. Last semester in a newsroom in Washington D.C. covering the Republican National Convention in Tampa, Fl. and election night in D.C.
- Award: The Jeffrey White Memorial Scholarship (Dec.12 Boston University)
2007-2011 The American University of Paris Paris, France
Bachelor of Arts in Global Communication. Journalism track – Minor in International Politics
English: Bilingual / French: Native proficiency
Spanish: Elementary / Arabic: Beginner
Software: Proficient with Mac & PC, Office Pack, Photoshop, Final Cut Pro, Lexis Nexis, Content Management Systems, SEO, social media tools, WordPress, Tumblr
Hardware: HD/SD video cameras
Articles published in The National Law Journal, The Barre-Montpelier Times-Argus, The MetroWest Daily News, The Christian Science Monitor, New London Day, France-Amerique, Boston.com, Convergence Magazine and The Planet, AUP English-language student publications.
References available upon request